Santa Cruz County Fair
September 14-18, 2022
During the Santa Cruz County Fair, the Agricultural History Project presents “Yesterday’s Farm”. We open our doors to showcase our museum, restoration barns, farm implements and host activities to help teach kids and adults alike about what farming and ranching was like in the past. You may expect to see farm animals such as chickens, goats, sheep and Clydesdale draft horses. The Early Day Gas Engine and Tractor Association will have their collection on display. Old-fashioned cooking demonstrations will take place all week long. Check the schedule to catch a demo on making bread from hand ground wheat. The Codiga Center & Museum, will host the Hand Spun & Woven exhibit for the county fair. Every day of the fair, we sponsor a daily tractor parade, through the fairgrounds to show off our antique tractor collection.
Volunteers are needed for three-hour shifts during fair operating hours.
Fair admission and parking will be provided.
- Apple Blossom Lane Information Booth
- One – two people will be needed to help welcome guest to Yesterday’s Farm. This table will have information on Yesterday’s Farm daily demonstrations, AHP Membership, ongoing yearly AHP events, Harvest Dinner & the Fairgrounds Foundation Fair Time Scavenger Hunt.
- Codiga Center & Museum Docent
- One docent is needed to roam the building and answer any questions and make sure guest are acting appropriately.
- General Grounds Monitor
- One – two people will be needed to roam the AHP site. This person(s) will oversee looking after the buildings, cows & water pumps. They will be available to answer questions about demonstrations & events.
- Drive-A-Tractor – Driver & Waiver Person
- We will need two persons to run this station. One will drive the tractor and one person to help families’ complete waivers and keep order of the line.
- Animal Monitor
- One person will be needed to help look over the animals housed at the front of the AHP site and the chickens.
- Tractor Parade Drivers
- Tractor parades will Wednesday – Friday at 6:30 PM, Saturday at 2:30 & 5:00 PM & Sunday at 2:30 PM.
- One person is needed to answer questions and watch over the caboose.
- Education Morning Volunteers – Thursday September 15 – 9:00 AM – Noon
- Weavers, Quilters, Hay Wagon Rider Drivers & Line Monitors, Cow Milking, Water Pumps, animal monitor, two Codiga Center Docents.
- LHF Porch 2:00 – 4:00 PM
- The LHF Committee is working on setting up demonstrations on the porch during designated hours during the Fair. If you are interested in hosting a demonstration, please let us know.